Frequently Asked Questions
As you begin exploring peerFit we know you will have questions. We have designed peerFit to be as intuitive as possible, but inevitably some questions will arise. Listed below are some of the frequently asked questions that users encounter.
- What is peerFit for?
- peerFit is all about empowering your fitness choices. You can use peerFit to search for fitness classes in your area, follow your favorite fitness classes with text message reminders, or just see who else goes to class. We want to make group fitness more accessible, more transparent, and easier to integrate into your life!
- How do I use this site?
- There are two basic ways to approach peerFit: 1) you can come and go as you please and use the site as a search tool for fitness workouts in your area, OR 2) you log in, favorite your gym to have quick access to their schedule, share your own reviews and ratings for classes, and sign up for text message reminders to help keep you motivated to attend classes you choose.
- How do I follow my favorite classes?
- Once you’ve logged in you can search right from the homepage for your gym. The results will be a list of classes from your gym. On the right side of each class you’ll see a little heart. Click it to turn it red. You can have as many “Favorite” gyms or classes as you want. Then, on your my peerFit page select “Upcoming” all the upcoming classes at your favorite gyms. From your my peerFit page select Favorites to see specific classes you’ve favorite.
- How do I start my facility on peerFit?
- First, you must create a user account. This is a simple task: on the homepage either log in with Facebook or click the green button in the top right “Are you a Gym Administrator?.” On the next page select “Create an Account.” Once signed in select “Are you a Gym Administrator?” from the homepage and enter the info for you facility. Don’t forget to save it!
- How do I build my facility's calendar?
- Once you have created a user and a facility, the next step is to fill in your group fitness calendar. Go to your facility's page. On the right click “Class Builder.” First you’ll need to set the date range and name for your schedule at the top left of the page. Select the green button with the plus sign on the top left to add a new class. Enter the information and click Create Class. Click and drag the class you’ve created from the Class Library onto the calendar. Drag the same class from the Class Library to create multiple occurances of the same class. In the top left column you’ll see all the classes you’ve put on the calendar. Scroll over a class name in the left hand list and every occurrences’ details will popup. Here you can edit the Instructor assigned to the class, the duration, and the room where it will be held. Once you’ve finished don’t forget to click Save Calendar at the top right. Your new schedule will be instantly searchable on peerFit!
- How do I add Instructors/Administrators to my facility?
- On your facility's page, you will see a box marked Instructors and Administrators; click the green (+) sign to search for a user in the peerFit system. The person you intend to add must have a user account to be added as either an admin or instructor.
- What is the difference between an Administrator and an Instructor?
- A facility Administrator, has the ability to build the facility calendar, edit classes, upload workouts, and add other instructors and staff. The role of an Instructor is to interact with users on their class pages and promote their classes.
- How do I become an instructor?
- First, you must have a user account. Next, your facility Administrator simply needs to go to their facility page. On the left, click the Add Instructor button to bring up a textbox. Then, start typing the name of the peerFit user they want to add as an Instructor and press enter.
- What should I do as an instructor?
- Once you are designated as an instructor at your gym you can be added to your classes by the facility Administrator. Use your class pages to promote your classes through Facebook and Twitter. We also strongly encourage you to leave a comment on your class every week letting people know what to expect from class that week. The comments section will also allow you to engage with new and existing students to get feedback and answer questions.